Welcome Back Letter
Dear Valued Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same; our commitment to your safety. It is our goal to maintain our patient’s safety while providing the highest level of care.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for you next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are at the office. These will be detailed when we contact you to schedule your appointment.
- Financial arrangements will be discussed/handled prior to your appointment to minimize contact.
- We will ask you to arrive prior to your scheduled appointment time and please wait in your vehicle once you arrive. Please text or call us at (810) 987-7310 when you first arrive. When we are ready to see you, you will be invited into the office and escorted back into the room.
- One of our team members will welcome you at your vehicle to review the screening questions and to take your temperature with our touchless forehead thermometers.
- Patients may not have anyone accompany them inside the office. If patients need assistance, a clinician will meet patient and their company on the ramp and help them into the office.
- Patients must put on a cloth mask or regular mask before entering the office.
- We will discuss these arrival changes in greater detail prior to your appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys/books, coffee machine and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and decontaminate.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Our team members will be wearing extra personal protective wear. These PPE safeguards are for both your protection as well as ours.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the new protocols put in place. These protocols will help ensure everyone’s protection and safety. To make an appointment, please call our office at (810) 987-7310 or visit our website at www.sattelbergdds.com. We are doing our best to accommodate all patient appointment days and times and reschedule appointments.
Please stay up-to-date with our office policies and guidelines during this time by visiting our office Facebook page at www.facebook.com/sattelbergdds as well as our website.
Thank you for being our patient. We appreciate your understanding and participation during this time while we implement these new dental policies.
Dr. Sattelberg and Dental Team